January seems like a crazy month - nothing's really like "normal" and I don't get to write a lot on the blog. Hope that'll get better next month :) However, you still need some rest every now and then, so why not make yourself some delicious cinnamon rolls? Obviously, it's not the thing you should eat tons of every day, but cinnamon rolls are simply to delicious to miss them. I made a variation by adding some chestnut to the dough and topping it with a simple but delicious (and very sweet) mascarpone cream. Hope you'll like it!
INGREDIENTS- about 10 rolls
250 g flour
4 tbsp chestnut puree
0.5 dl milk
50 g sugar
21 g yeast
4 tbsp unsalted butter
100 g sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
a bit melted butter
100 g mascarpone
150 g icing sugar
1. Mix the yeast with 2 tablespoons of sugar, until it's liquid. Heat the milk until body temperature and melt the 4 tablespoons of butter in it and dissolve the chestnut puree and the rest of the 50g of sugar.
2. Now add in your yeast and egg (cool down the milk before if it got too hot!), mix, and add the flour to the whole mixture. Knead everything into a dough. Then let it rest on a warm place for about 1 hour until it doubled in size.
3. Mix the sugar with your spices.
4. When the dough is ready, knead it again and roll it out (it's up to you who thin/thick you like it to be).
5. Roll it up an cut into rolls. Place them on a baking sheet or in a baking dish and let the sit for another 25 minutes on a warm place.
6. Then bake them at 180°C for about 25 minutes until they're ready.
7. Mix the mascarpone and icing sugar to serve it with the cinnamon rolls.